Suya is a Nigerian word for a special roadside beef barbeque. Every evening people all over the country line up on the roadside to buy suya for their families. It is usually prepared by the Hausa people of Northern Nigeria and it is loved by all Nigerians. We are now fortunate to know their secret recipe for suya. Ataro Spices has packaged these local herbs and spices in a way that is convenient for everyone to use.
For the grill:
- 1 lb/450g Chicken breast
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 3 tablespoon Ataro Barbeque Suya Rub
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the Suya Rub on both sides of the chicken and drizzle with olive oil
- Heat the grill or barbeque to a medium heat and cook for 15 – 20 minutes on each side. The medium heat allows the suya spice to penetrate deep into the meat.
- Use marinated chicken or allow the rub to stay on the chicken for at least 2 hours before grilling
- Serve with chilli sauce.
- You can grill beef Suya in the same manner using steak and 3 tablespoons Ataro Suya Rub and olive oil.